Creamy Citrusy Cheesecake with a buttery sweet graham cracker crust.
My husband LOVES key lime pie. However, he also loves cheesecake just as much. Well, let’s face it’, he loves all things sweet! Just don’t give the man a crunchy cookie. He’s a soft baked kind of guy.
When I was trying to come up with a birthday dessert for him, I thought what could be better than mixing his favorite Key Lime Pie, with his second favorite cheesecake. Thus, this Key Lime Pie cheesecake was born. He was absurdly happy and my creamy zesty cheesecake got two thumbs up from him.
What Ingredients do I need to make cheesecake?
To make a cheesecake you will need cream cheese, eggs, sugar, whipping cream, flour and any flavoring that you want to add to your cheesecake. For this Key Lime cheesecake I added lime zest, lime juice, and vanilla extract. It’s a delicious combination trust me!
What equipment do I need to make cheesecake?
To make my cheesecake recipe you will need an Instant Pot, a Springform pan, some aluminum foil. A hand or stand mixer really helps save your arms when mixing. I also prefer to use my food processor to crush up the graham crackers, however if you want to save some effort you could buy the pre ground ones.
Tips to make the Perfect Cheesecake
Always use room temperature cream cheese. This is the biggest tip that I can give you. Using cold cream cheese would cause your mixture to be clumpy and believe me you don’t want clumps. Be careful to not over mix your batter. Using too high of a speed can also cause your mixture to be over mixed. Do not refrigerate cheesecake until it’s completely room temperature. Placing a warm cheesecake into the fridge will make it sweat and become a little slimy on the outside.
How to tell when a cheesecake is done?
To test if the cheesecake is completely done you will want to slightly shake the cheesecake. If done almost the center of the cheesecake will jiggle. That jiggle will firm up while it cools. If your cheesecake is very jiggly it will need more time. Do not use a knife to check for doneness. You don’t want to slice the cheesecake to check it.
Why do you chill a cheesecake once it’s done?
Chilling a cheesecake helps the cheesecake firm up. However, it’s very important that you don’t put your cheesecake into your refrigerator until after it has completely cool. Ensure that your cheesecake is room temperature before placing in your fridge.
Key Lime Cheesecake
- Pressure Cooker
- Springform Pan
- 1 large piping bag with star tip
- 1 cup graham crackers crushed
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 16 oz cream cheese softened, two blocks
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 lime zested, large lime
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
Lime Whipped Cream Ingredients
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp fresh lime juice
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 lime zested, small lime
- Spray a 6 inch springform pan with pam baking spray and line the bottom with parchment paper
- Combine the butter and crumbs into a large bowl and mix with a fork until combined
- Press into the springform pan and place into the freezer while you make the cheesecake
- Using a hand mixer, cream together the cream cheese, flour, sugar,vanilla and lime zest until combined and creamy
- Beat in eggs 1 at a time until combined and then beat in the egg yolk until combined
- Beat in the lime juice until combined
- Remove the crust from the freezer and pour the cheesecake mixture into the crust
- Cover with foil
- Place 1 ½ C of water into the pot
- Place the trivet inside
- Place the cheesecake onto the trivet and lock the lid, turn to sealing
- Cook on manual high pressure for 37 minutes
- Allow to natural release when the timer goes off for 18 minutes
- Remove from pot and place onto a wire rack to cool completely
- Place into the fridge overnight
Lime Whipped Cream
- Using a large bowl and hand mixer, beat all ingredients until stiff peaks form
- Scoop into the piping bag
- Pipe dollops around the edge of the cheesecake
- Top with lime slices and enjoy!