Crazy Christmas Tree Brownies are the perfect whimsical addition to your holiday party! They are bound to be a hit on any Christmas table or buffet! And, trust me the kids will have a blast making the faces on them.
Christmas Tree Brownies
If you are looking fun and whimsical Christmas recipe these Christmas Tree Brownies are just that. Not only are these easy to make, but they also taste so much better than Little Debbie Christmas Tree Brownies. Or the Cosmic Christmas Tree brownies. You will not regret making these homemade Christmas brownies!
WHAT YOU NEED:
Butter – Unsalted
Sugar – Granulated Sugar or pure cane sugar
Eggs – brown or white eggs
Seasoning or Spices – vanilla extract, unsweetened cocoa powder, salt, baking soda,
Flour – all-purpose or plain flour
Nuts – Chopped Walnuts. This is optional.
Candy Eyes = I used the Wilton brand, any brand will do. Found in the baking aisle of your local craft store.
Royal Icing – You can find my Royal Icing recipe here.
Food Coloring – Green and Black food coloring.
How to Make Christmas Tree Brownies
Split the icing into 2 bowls In the first bowl, add in a few drops of green coloring, mix until combined. Add in some more food coloring to get the shade you want. In the second bowl, add in black gel coloring, mix until combined. Place a little bit of icing into each piping bag. Using the remaining green icing, add 2 tablespoons of water and mix until combined. Pour the green icing into the squeeze bottle!
Using the green piping bag, pipe a line all around the trees for the edge. Fill in the green with the thinned green icing in the squeeze bottle. Place two eyes onto the brownies. Let dry for an hour. Using the green icing again, pipe an oval for the nose under the eyes. Using the black icing, pipe on a smile and eyebrows. Let sit for another hour before enjoying them.
Crazy Christmas Tree Brownies
- 9×13 Baking Pan
- Christmas Tree Cookie Cutter
- Squeeze bottle
- 1 cup unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
cup walnuts chopped – optional
- 1 pkg Candy Eyes
- 2 bowls Royal Icing
- 1 tube green food coloring
- 1 tube black royal icing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Using a large sauce pan, melt butter. Once melted remove from heat and mix in the sugar, eggs and vanilla until combined
- In a large bowl combine the cocoa, flour, salt and baking powder
- Gradually mix in the cocoa flour mixture into the wet ingredients until combined.
- Mix in the chopped walnuts
- Pour batter into the baking dish and bake for 30-35 minutes
- Once baked, cool to room temperature on cooling racks
- Once cooled, cut brownies into trees a christmas tree cookie cutter and place onto a cutting board or plate so that it will be easier to decorate
- Frost the cookies with Green Royal icing (see additional recipe)
- Using the green piping bag, pipe a line all around the trees for the edge
- Fill in the green with the thinned green icing in the squeeze bottle
- Place two eyes onto the brownies
- Let dry for an hour
- Using the green icing again, pipe an oval for the nose under the eyes
- Using the black icing, pipe on a smile and eye brows
- Let sit for another hour before enjoying