If you are looking to whip up a quick treat that’s so easy even your kids could do it, you will want to give this Caramel M&M Bark a try! Using just two ingredients, you can instantly create a fun no-bake treat that requires minimal effort. If your house is anything like mine, we always have a little too much candy in the house. Rather than let it go to waste, this recipe is the perfect way to use up those leftover M&ms that are sitting there uneaten!
This recipe is so versatile that you could easily customize it to fit whatever candy you have on hand as well. This Caramel M&M Bark would also make a great gift for teachers, neighbors, friends, and family if you are looking for a quick and easy gift idea.
Mixing up your mix-ins
If you can’t get your hands on caramel M&Ms, you could also use regular M&Ms or whatever kind of candy you have on hand. The beautiful part of this recipe is how customizable it is! If you want to add a bit of saltiness to this recipe, you could also add pretzels or even the pretzel M&Ms!
Can you make this Caramel M&M bark vegan?
The two main ingredients of this recipe are the caramel M&Ms and the chocolate chips. If you can find these two recipes in a vegan form, the recipe would still work the same! The main thing you want is a bag of chocolate chips that can melt well. Dark chocolate and even semisweet chocolate would both work.
Are M&Ms gluten-free?
M&M’s are gluten-free except for the pretzel-flavored ones. So unless you are substituting the M&Ms for the pretzel ones, you should be fine. Be sure to check the back of the label on both the chocolate and the M&Ms just in case to be sure!
You don’t have to wait for a special occasion to make this delicious bark. You can make it anytime of the year! I always keep the simple ingredients on hand to make it.
- 8 oz milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup Caramel M&M's
- Spray the inside of your pot as well as the baking dish with your non stick cooking
- Place the pot on low heat and add the milk chocolate chips. Stir slowly and do not stop until the chips have melted into a smooth mixture. This will take about 90 seconds. It is important that you continue to stir to prevent sticking or burning.
- Transfer the milk chocolate mixture to the baking dish. Use a spatula to remove it all from the pot and spread it out evenly in the pan.
- Sprinkle the Caramel M&Ms on top while the milk chocolate is still warm. You don’t
want to crush the candies because the caramel center will break apart from the rest of the chocolate shell. Just toss them in whole.
- Place the pan in the refrigerator for one hour. Make sure it is resting on an even surface.
- After one hour your bark should be solid. Remove it and use the knife to pry it from the pan. It should come out as one sheet of candy.
- Break apart and serve. To keep fresh, keep your bark in an airtight container or bag until
you are ready to serve. You do not need to refrigerate it further.
Leave a Reply