Are you in the mood to try and new veggie? This Air Fryer Artichokes recipe turns an ordinary artichoke into something incredible. Using basic ingredients like artichokes, olive oil, and various seasonings, you just can’t go wrong with making these!
What’s special about Air Fryer Artichokes? They are a delicious, healthy, and easy-to-make side dish that cooks quickly in the air fryer. They are perfect for a busy weeknight meal!
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Easy vegetable side – Air Fryer Artichokes are a delicious, healthy, and easy-to-make side dish that cooks quickly in the air fryer. They are perfect for a busy weeknight meal!
- Diet-friendly – Those who follow the Paleo diet can enjoy this recipe without guilt because it doesn’t include any grains or food high in carbohydrates to derail their progress.
- Gluten-free and dairy-free – It’s also dairy-free and gluten-free, which is great news for those with food sensitivities/allergies.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- olive oil
- garlic powder
- minced garlic
- cracked peppercorn
- lemon wedges
See the recipe card below for quantities.
🔪 How to Make Air Fryer Artichokes
Prepare your artichoke. Remove the stem and top of the artichokes. Chop the top half inch from the artichoke. Cut the tip off each artichoke leaf. Cut artichoke in half.
At the center of the heart, there are small little hair like pieces. Remove these by digging them out with a spoon and knife.
Squeeze some lemon juice on the inside of the artichoke heart. Artichokes with start to brown like apples after you open them. The lemon juice will slow this.
Brush olive oil over the inside and out of the artichoke halves. Season the inside with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
Place hearts in the air fryer basket and cook at 350 for 4 minutes. Flip and cook for 4 more minutes.
While cooking mix all the aioli ingredients together.
Remove hearts from air fryer and let cool for a couple minutes.
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Garlic Parmesan Air Fryer Artichokes: Add 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon onion powder, and 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese to the ingredients list.
- Rosemary and Lemon Air Fryer Artichokes: Add 1 teaspoon dried rosemary and 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest to the ingredients list.
- Chili Lime Air Fryer Artichokes: Add 1/2 teaspoon chili powder and 1/2 teaspoon lime zest to the ingredients list.
Check out this Instant Pot Salisbury Steak because it would make a GREAT main dish to go with this veggie!
- Knife and cutting board
- Air Fryer
- Silicone brush
- Mixing bowl
After your asparagus is air-fried, you will want to store it in the fridge. Place your asparagus in an airtight container or bag. Make sure to squeeze out any excess air before sealing the container/bag. The asparagus will last in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- Taste your Air Fryer Artichokes. If you need them to be more flavorful, add some salt or garlic powder or whatever it needs.
- Mix up the ingredients for your air fryer artichokes by adding rosemary to change them up a bit.
- Make sure that your artichokes are dry before putting it in the air fryer basket. If it’s wet, they will not cook properly.
- Do not overcrowd your air fryer basket. You might have to cook them one at a time like I did if you have a smaller air fryer.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
The best way to prepare your artichokes for the air fryer is to slice off the top third of the artichoke and the stem. Then, use a small sharp knife to cut away any thorns from the leaves. Finally, use a vegetable peeler to remove the outermost layer of skin from each artichoke.
Yes! You can cook all sorts of vegetables in your air fryer.
Which are the best vegetables to cook in an Air Fryer?
Some of the best vegetables to cook in an air fryer are asparagus, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, carrots, cauliflower, and potatoes.
🍽 More Air Fryer Recipes
Do you enjoy air fryer recipes? Try these delicious recipes:
🧾 Air Fried Artichokes
Want to make this delicious recipe? Print the recipe card below, or toggle on Cook Mode to prevent your screen from going dark. Not ready to cook this recipe yet? Pin this recipe so you can find it later.
Want to pin this recipe from your cell phone? Turn your phone horizontally and a red Pin and blue Facebook button will appear on the left-hand side of the screen. How easy is that?
Air Fryer Artichokes
- knife and cutting board
- Air Fryer
- silicone brush
- Mixing Bowl
- 2 artichokes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked peppercorn
- 1 teaspoon dill
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Juice of 2 lemon wedges.
- Prepare your artichoke. Remove the stem and top of the artichokes. Chop the top half inch from the artichoke. Cut the tip off each artichoke leaf. Cut artichoke in half.
- At the center of the heart, there are small little hair like pieces. Remove these by dig them out with a spoon and knife.
- Squeeze some lemon juice on the inside of the artichoke heart. Artichokes with start to brown like apples after you open them. The lemon juice will slow this.
- Brush olive oil over the inside and out of the artichoke halves. Season the inside with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Place hearts in the air fryer basket and cook at 350 for 4 minutes. Flip and cook for 4 more minutes.
- While cooking mix all the aioli ingredients together.
- Remove hearts from air fryer and let cool for a couple minutes.