Are you looking for a delicious and easy snack that won’t derail your diet? Look no further than Air Fryer Pita Chips! These crispy, crunchy chips are made with pita bread and are much healthier than traditional potato chips.
They’re incredibly easy to make in your air fryer. In this post, we’ll show you how to make perfectly crispy pita chips that are packed with flavor and nutrition. So, grab your favorite hummus or dip and get ready to snack guilt-free snack!
Why I Love This Recipe
Pita chips are great for dipping, but here are a few other reasons you’ll love this recipe.
- Healthier than traditional chips: Air fryer pita chips are made with whole wheat pita bread and require very little oil, making them a much healthier snack option compared to traditional potato chips.
- Quick and easy to make: These pita chips can be made in just minutes using your air fryer. Simply cut the pita bread into triangles, toss with a bit of oil and seasoning, and then air fry until crispy and golden brown.
- Versatile: Air fryer pita chips can be seasoned with a variety of spices and herbs to create different flavor profiles. They’re also the perfect vessel for dipping into hummus, tzatziki, salsa, or any other dip you love. Plus, they’re great for snacking on their own or adding to salads for extra crunch.
- pita bread
- olive oil
- granulated garlic
Variations / Options / Add-Ins
- Classic: For a simple, classic flavor, toss the pita chips with olive oil, sea salt, and black pepper before air frying.
- Garlic Parmesan: Mix together olive oil, garlic powder, and grated Parmesan cheese. Toss the pita chips in the mixture before air frying.
- Everything Bagel: Combine poppy seeds, sesame seeds, dried garlic, dried onion, and sea salt. Brush the pita chips with olive oil and sprinkle with the everything bagel seasoning before air frying.
- Spicy: Mix together chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, and sea salt. Toss the pita chips in the spice mixture before air frying for a bit of heat.
- Sweet cinnamon sugar: Brush the pita chips with butter or coconut oil and sprinkle with a mixture of cinnamon and coconut sugar before air frying.
- Lemon herb: Combine lemon zest, dried thyme, dried rosemary, and sea salt. Toss the pita chips in the herb mixture before air frying.
- Ranch: Mix together ranch seasoning mix with olive oil and toss the pita chips in the mixture before air frying.
How to Make Air Fryer Pita Chips
Step 1: Cut the pita bread into small triangles then place them into a bowl and toss with olive oil and seasoings.
Step 2: Place them into the air fryer basket and air fryer in 360 degree preheated air for for 3 minutes. Then shake the basket and air fryer another 2 minutes. Cool slightly then serve.
- Hummus – A classic dip that pairs perfectly with pita chips. You can make your own hummus or buy it pre-made from the store.
- Tzatziki – Another delicious dip that goes well with pita chips. Tzatziki is a Greek dip made with yogurt, cucumber, and dill.
- Baba ganoush – This Middle Eastern dip is made from roasted eggplant and is another tasty option to serve with pita chips.
- Salsa – For a Mexican twist, you can serve air fryer pita chips with your favorite salsa. You can make it mild or spicy depending on your taste preferences.
- Cut the pita bread evenly: Make sure to cut the pita bread into even-sized triangles, so they cook evenly in the air fryer.
- Use a misting spray bottle: Instead of brushing the pita chips with oil, use a misting spray bottle to lightly coat them with oil. This will help ensure that they don’t become too greasy or soggy.
- Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket: Make sure to air fry the pita chips in batches, allowing room for air to circulate around them. Overcrowding the basket can result in uneven cooking and soggy chips.
- Flip the chips halfway: Halfway through the cooking time, flip the chips over to ensure that they cook evenly on both sides.
- Store in an airtight container: Once the pita chips are fully cooled, store them in an airtight container to maintain their crispness.
- Experiment with seasoning: Don’t be afraid to experiment with different seasonings and spices to create your own unique flavor combinations.
- Let the pita chips cool down completely before storing them. This will prevent them from getting soggy.
- Place them in an airtight container or a resealable plastic bag. Make sure to press out as much air as possible before sealing it.
- Store the container or bag in a cool, dry place like your pantry or kitchen cabinet.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions for this recipe.
Aim for slices around ¼-½ inch thick. If they’re too thin, they may burn in the air fryer. If they’re too thick, they may not get crispy enough.
Absolutely! You can sprinkle them with various seasonings like garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, or even cinnamon and sugar for a sweet version.
Let them cool completely, then store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3-4 days.
Want to make this delicious recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin it so that you can come back to it later.
Air Fryer Pita Chips
- Air Fryer
- small bowl
- pastry brush or bbq brush
- 4 pitas
- ⅓ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon coriander
- ½ teaspoon granulated garlic
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the air fryer to 360F.
- Cut pita into small triangles or squares and add them to a bowl.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of olive oil into the bowl, add the salt and spices. Mix everything thoroughly.
- Put the pita pieces in the air fryer basket and fry for 3 minutes.
- After 3 minutes, shake the basket and fry for another 2 minutes.
- If you want more toasted and crispy pieces, fry them for another 2 minutes.
- Depending on the size of your air fryer you may need to make these in two batches.
- The less the pieces overlap in the air fryer the crispier the chips will become.