- 16 ounces mint-flavored Oreo Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 16 ounces semi-sweet chocolate melted
- Sprinkles and/or green candy melts for decorating
Prepare a baking sheet with waxed paper.
Place the cookies into a food processor and pulse until the cookies become fine crumbs.
Cut the cream cheese into chunks and add the cream cheese to the food processor. Pulse until the mixture is well blended and forms a large ball.
Using a small cookie scoop, portion the cookie dough into 1-inch balls and roll into a smooth ball.
Optional: For best results, freeze the oreo balls prior to decorating.
Dip each ball into the melted chocolate and tap to remove the excess chocolate. Place the cookie ball on the prepared cookie sheet and immediately decorate with sprinkles or candy melt drizzle.
Place the cookie sheet in the refrigerator for about 1 hour or until firm.
Prepare the cookie balls as directed and place on the baking sheet.
Put the baking sheet into the freezer until the cookie balls are frozen.
Transfer the cookie balls to an airtight container. Seal and freeze for up to 6 months.
Tip: If using candy melts, add vegetable shortening or coconut oil to the candy as it melts. This makes the candy spread move evenly and creates a smoother shell around the truffle.
Oreo Balls can be stored at room temperature for a few days, or in the fridge for up to three weeks, or in the freezer for up to two months.
- You want to crush the Oreo's with the mint creme still inside them, so do not remove the filling.
- When are you dipping the truffles if you find that they balls are falling apart on you, place them in the freezer for about 10 to 20 minutes to allow them to harden up and that should stop them from falling apart so quickly.
- If you are using real chocolate instead of candy melts, make sure that you temper your chocolate with shortening or oil so that it has a smooth finish.
Serving: 1Oreo Balls | Calories: 111kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 57mg | Potassium: 77mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 66IU | Calcium: 12mg | Iron: 1mg