- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup sour cream
Cinnamon Frosting Ingredients
- 2 cups unsalted butter softened
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 5 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 bottle salted caramel sauce
- 1 cup unsalted butter melted
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 12 Churros cut in half.
In a standing mixer beat sugar and butter until creamed
Add egg and mix until fully incorporated
Beat in vanilla extract, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon.
Combine the heavy cream into the wet mixture
Add in flour, a little at a time.
Add in the sour cream
Spoon batter about 3/4 full.
Bake in the oven for about 22 minutes or until the center of the cupcake comes out clean with a toothpick.
Cinnamon Frosting Directions
Combine all ingredients into a standing mixer and mix on low speed until combined and stiff peaks form
Scoop the frosting into the piping bag
Melt 1 C of butter into a microwave safe bowl
Mix in 2 C of sugar and the 2 tablespoon ground cinnamon into another bowl
Dip the top of the cupcakes into the melted butter and then dip it into the cinnamon sugar mix
Frost the cupcakes with the cinnamon frosting
Drizzle caramel sauce and top with a churro
- This recipe makes 24 average sized cupcakes
- You can purchase Churros at your local grocery store usually.
Serving: 1Cupcake | Calories: 517kcal | Carbohydrates: 60g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 20g | Cholesterol: 98mg | Sodium: 170mg | Potassium: 40mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 50g | Vitamin A: 999IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 60mg | Iron: 1mg