We love making our own ice cream at home! While choosing a favorite ice cream flavor that we all agree on is nearly impossible, there is one thing we can agree on. This Reese’s No Churn Peanut Butter Ice Cream is fantastic! The best part about this ice cream is that you don’t need an ice cream maker to make this delicious ice cream recipe!
You only need five ingredients to make this easy and delicious Reese’s No Churn Peanut Butter Ice Cream, and it works perfectly for cookouts or parties. You can also use this tasty ice cream recipe for movie nights or a fun dessert for your kid’s next sleepover!
How do you make ice cream without using an ice cream maker?
You first need to start with a basic recipe that requires no churn or ice cream maker. In this case, it involves using heavy cream, cocoa powder, and sweetened condensed milk to create your base. From there, you add your favorite mix-ins and flavors, freeze in, and you’ll have your own homemade ice cream!
Is there a way to make this recipe if I don’t like chocolate ice cream?
If you don’t want to make a chocolate ice cream base, omit the cocoa powder when mixing your recipe. It tastes better with the cocoa powder, but you could omit it if you don’t want too much chocolate.
If you are omitting the cocoa powder I would add some extra vanilla extract and then you have some delicious and creamy vanilla ice cream. Want to experiment with more flavors? You could try almond, mint, or coconut extract. Any flavor that you can think of is possible with this ice cream recipe.
Can I substitute the Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups?
If you don’t have Reese’s Peanut Butter cups or would prefer to use a candy you already have, you could. Reese’s pieces and cup up Reese’s peanut butter cups that aren’t mini could also work for this recipe. Or if you want to get really fancy you could try some M&M’s! Those would be delicious in chocolate ice cream.
Reese's No Churn Peanut Butter Ice Cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 14 oz unsweetened cocoa powder
- 40 mini Reese's peanut butter cups
- Place the small bag of mini Reese’s in the freezer for about 10 mins.
- In a large bowl add cocoa powder to sweetened condensed milk, stir until fully combined.
- In a large bowl add cocoa powder to sweetened condensed milk,stir until fully combined.
- Heat peanut butter in microwave for about 20-30 seconds until melted
- Unwrap candies and cut each candy into 4 pieces
- Fold about 2/3 of the candy pieces into the mix
- Using a loaf pan, pour 1/3 of the mixture into the bottom of the pan, top with 1/3 of
the melted peanut butter
- Repeat to add 2 more layers
- Once all layers are complete use a knife and run it through the pan to create a swirl in the mix
- Top with remaining candy pieces
- Freeze for at least 6 hours or overnight for best results