Instant Pot Mint Cheesecake is creamy, minty and filled with chocolate chips.
My Mint Chip Cheesecake is minty, creamy, and full of a delicious smooth texture. I love Instant Pot Desserts because they make it so much easier to get the temperature just right to prevent them from drying out.
My family loves cheesecake, it’s one of their favorite desserts. I think they would give up all other desserts if they could eat cheesecake every day. I like to make sure that I bring in a different variety of cheesecakes because eating the same one over and over again can get quite boring.
The crust for this Mint Chip Cheesecake is made with crushed Mint Oreo Cookies and melted butter. An Oreo crust goes well with any cheesecake I think!
To make the middle of this Mint Chocolate Chip Cheesecake you will need room temperature cream cheese, sugar, cornstarch, large eggs, pure mint extract, semi sweet chocolate chips, and mint green food coloring gel.
I don’t know about you but water baths tend to intimidate me. By cooking this Mint Chip Cheesecake in the Instant Pot it helps because the water bath is already part of the process, so it seems like less stress at least for me.
When making this cheesecake I always like to beat my cream cheese separately before adding the sugar. I personally prefer a creamy texture and by beating it separately first I can help it get that nice creamy texture that I’m seeking.
To bake this cheesecake, you will need to ensure that you prepare your pan correctly. You will want to line the bottom of a 6 inch springform pan with parchment paper and spray the sides with Pam Baking Spray. If you follow these steps you will have a perfectly prepared pan.
I like to make sure that my crust covers the sides of the pan. This helps the crust meet the chocolate ganache topping. The chocolate ganache is rich and makes for the perfect topping for the cheesecake.
You will want to bake this cheesecake on manual setting high pressure for 40 minutes. Once the timer goes off, allow your Instant Pot to naturally release for 20 minutes. The natural release is an important step so don’t skip it please.
Your family and friends will love how delicious this instant cheesecake is, And, you will appreciate how easy it was to make. There’s no reason to slave away in the kitchen all day when you just toss a cheesecake into your instant pot and voila a delicious dessert.
You don’t have to wait until St. Patrick’s day to enjoy this delicious Instant Pot Cheesecake! You can enjoy it any day of the year. But, it does make a great St. Patrick’s day treat for your family. Chocolate and mint makes such a scrumptious combination that I just can’t wait to dive into this cheesecake. I hope that your family enjoys this Mint Chip Cheesecake as much as my family does.
- Pressure Cooker
- 2 cups Mint Oreos, crushed
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 2 8 oz blocks of cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp pure mint extract
- 1½ cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 - 4 drops mint green food coloring gel
Chocolate Ganache Ingredients
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- Line the bottom of a 6 inch springform pan with parchment paper and spray the sides with pam baking spray
- Using a large bowl mix the melted butter and the crushed oreos
- Press the crust into the springform pan
- Place into the freezer while you make the cheesecake mixture
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sugar and cornstarch until combined
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat together the cream cheese and sugar mixture until combined and smooth
- Beat in the eggs 1 at a time until combined
- Beat in the mint extract and mint green gel food coloring
- Fold in the chocolate chips
- Pour cheesecake mixture into the crust
- Cover with foil
- Fill the instant pot with 1 cup of water
- Place a trivet inside
- Place the springform pan onto the trivet
- Close the lid and set to sealing
- Bake on manual setting high pressure for 40 minutes. Once timer goes off allow to natural release for 20 minutes
- Remove the lid and use a paper towel to dap onto the foil to remove condensation
- Carefully remove from the pot and place onto a wire rack and allow to cool completely
- Place into the fridge overnight
Chocolate Ganache Directions
- Using a small pot, heat up the heavy whipping cream until steaming
- While heavy whipping cream is heating up, place chocolate chips into a heat-proof bowl
- Once the heavy whipping cream is heated, pour over the chocolate chips
- Allow to sit for 1 minute before whisking until smooth
- Pour over the top of the cooled cheesecake and smooth evenly
- Cut, Serve and Enjoy!